2. ブログ
  3. Hiroshima Castle

Hiroshima Castle

“Hiroshima Castle” was built in 1589 by Terumoto Mouri, the grandson of Motoki Mouri.

This castle was once completely destroyed by the atomic bomb, but the castle tower was rebuilt in 1958.

Ninomaru’s front gate, Hirayagura, Tamonyagura, and Taikoyagura were also restored to their Edo period by 1994.

Hiroshima Castle is also called “Rijo”, and this “Koi” (= carp) is the origin of the name “Hiroshima Toyo Carp”.

21-1 Motomachi, Naka-ku, Hiroshima-shi, Hiroshima

About a 15-minute walk from the Hiroshima Electric Railway “Kamiyacho Higashi” stop
Approximately 6 minutes on foot from the sightseeing loop bus Meipuru-Pu “Hiroshima Castle (in front of Gokoku Shrine)” stop

Adults 370 yen, high school students 180 yen, junior high school students and younger free, 65 years old and over 180 yen

Open Hours
[March-November] 9: 00-18: 00
[December-February] 9: 00-17: 00 (Admission is 30 minutes before closing)

December 29-31 (Others are temporarily closed)